The Law Offices of personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach Stephen J. Press represents clients who have suffered injuries in accidents caused by the negligence of others. If you have been injured in an automobile, slip and fall, swimming or other type of accident, Mr. Press would like to hear from you. He protects clients’ rights, and only represents individuals who are injured—never insurance companies.Types of Personal Injury Cases
Among the kinds of cases handled by personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach Stephen J. Press are:
- Auto Accidents: Florida ranks third in the nation for automobile deaths with 3,300 residents needlessly losing their lives each year (U.S. Census). If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, we will work diligently to help you gain compensation.
- Bicycle, Motorcycle, and Motorized Scooter Accidents: Individuals who ride two-wheeled vehicles have virtually no protection in an accident. For this reason, their injuries are often very serious, and often permanent.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents: Even though 18-wheeler operators can be among the most skilled drivers on the road, they often drive for long periods with little sleep. When a big rig crashes, other vehicles involved are often irreparable, and the occupants left with devastating injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Next to auto accidents, these are among the most common personal injury cases. Slip and falls can occur from poorly maintained stairs or surfaces, items that are spilled or obstruct passage, etc.
- Dog Bites: Many states have a so-called “one bite” dog law. Dog bite injuries in Florida, however, are treated under strict liability statutes. Given that many dog attack injury victims are children, such an experience can leave emotional scars.
- Medical Malpractice: Whether from an improper procedure during surgery, misdiagnosis, or incorrect medications, medical malpractice injuries can leave permanent disabilities and scarring. Patients place their very lives in the hands of doctors and other medical professionals; when such trust is compromised, we will fight to help a client receive compensation.
- Product Liability: Consumers are really at the mercy of manufacturers. When a product either malfunctions or is improperly made, the victim may be injured or even killed.
- Wrongful Death: These cases are brought for loss suffered by the survivors, usually spouse and children. The death of a loved one is always devastating; when this person is also the major bread winner, the family may be left destitute.
- Swimming/Drowning: Children under the age of 15 have the highest incidence of death and injury in pool and lake accidents, but anyone may be a victim. Along with drowning accidents, this type of PI case may involve boating accidents, injury from an object, infection from improperly maintained pools, etc.
- Work Injury: Each year thousands of individuals suffer work injuries due to exposure to toxic chemicals, falls, ergonomic issues, and many more. Construction ranks highest in the nation for work injuries, but a person can be hurt even in an office.
When you are involved in an auto accident in Florida, your personal injury protection will cover 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000. This coverage will apply whether you are at fault or not.
- However, in order to make a successful claim against the other driver was negligent, must have suffered a permanent injury.
- You have a duty to cooperate with you on insurance company involved mom likes. You should never talk to the other driver’s insurance company without first consulting with an attorney.
- It is important to have uninsured or underinsured coverage under your automobile insurance policy. If you have an accident with an insured motor vehicle or one that has insurance but not enough to cover your damages, you can make a claim against your own insurance company.
The Law offices of Stephen J. Press have handled cases in the West Palm Beach area for over 38 years. If you have suffered personal injury as the result of somebody’s negligence please contact our office for a free consultation contact us online.
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Bicycle Accidents
- Drowning Accidents
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- When Employees Are Overworked
- Youths and Sports Injuries